Saturday, September 16, 2017

Turning 30


I recently turned thirty and strangely I feel fine.


It used to scare me, you know, getting old. Every time my birthday creeps up, I feel extremely anxious. I'm a Virgo so I overthink things. It starts a week ahead, my birthday anxieties. And by Law of Attraction, something bad really happens or I get extremely unwell on my birthday. But this time, it came and it went. I barely had time to grasp the idea I'm freaking thirty.


I did feel something weird--something I have never felt before. I feel rather contented. It's something I have never felt before because I am a Virgo and I have always felt like my life has been a complete failure. But I feel okay now. I feel like I am in a good place in my life. And I feel like I will be okay.


I feel really proud of how I managed to get to this place--where I am. I am cherishing this moment because I know it didn't come easy. Whatever I have right now, I made it happen. I fought for it myself, I worked for it and I earned it. Nothing came easy and it wasn't handed to me on a silver platter. I also know that this might never come again and I also know that this won't last forever. But at least I know I made it.


And quite frankly, it still scares me. But I guess I was too busy "adulting" that I really didn't have time to even feel anxious about getting old.


Wow, I am thirty.