Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Australia 2016 Travel Log



People often think I'm such an independent person having lived abroad for six years. In a way, it's true--I've been financially independent since I moved out. I, alone, have control over what I want to do and how I want to live my days. But in certain aspects of my life, I still feel inadequate. I still feel like a little girl who needs to be taken care of by her parents and older brothers. And living in Singapore, you feel so safe and secure that you forget that there is a world out there so big. 

I turned 29 and felt that I needed to do something with my life. I made a lot of grown up decisions and one of those was to travel abroad on my own. So without any hesitations, I booked a two week holiday to Sydney, Australia (even spent a weekend in Melbourne). Technically, I wasn't entirely alone, but for the most part, I had no one to rely on but myself.

I made a video of my two-week trip there. It was tough to make it concise and even tougher to select good footage. Aside from the music, which I knew had to be Australian, I didn't have a gameplan as to what sort of video I wanted to make. And I also didn't realise my Gopro was too shaky. Anyway, I still hope you enjoy. If you're watching, don't forget to go HD... and enjoy.

Australia blog to follow up... hopefully!